• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wireless energy promise powers up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless energy promise powers up

Why am I not comforable with the idea that I sit in a room flowing with low frequency radition? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6725955.stm

The prof at MIT says "But it doesn't respond to magnetic fields. As far as we know the body has almost zero response to magnetic fields in terms of the amount of power it absorbs."

I thought that's exactly how MRI worked?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot
    Why am I not comforable with the idea that I sit in a room flowing with low frequency radition? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6725955.stm

The prof at MIT says "But it doesn't respond to magnetic fields. As far as we know the body has almost zero response to magnetic fields in terms of the amount of power it absorbs."

Good point.

The concept of 'wireless electricity' is going to make someone a very tidy stash if it come to fruition. Would save me heaps of hassle sorting through a ton of spaghetti at the back of a row of server racks.

Comment

I didn't think MRI affects the body, it is the other way around.

Comment

MRI applies a magnetic force to the body greater than the magnetic force of the earth, but it's harmless to the body (unless you have bits of metal in you).

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          Good point.

The concept of 'wireless electricity' is going to make someone a very tidy stash if it come to fruition. Would save me heaps of hassle sorting through a ton of spaghetti at the back of a row of server racks.
          really??... mmmm
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
            MRI applies a magnetic force to the body greater than the magnetic force of the earth, but it's harmless to the body (unless you have bits of metal in you).

Wot, like fillings?

Comment

Of course, we don't know long-term effects of constant exposure.

Comment

Didn't Nicoli Tesla invent this, yonks ago. If you get the resonance frequency just right you can cause mid air explosions. Tesla caused the Tunguska event this way. Airburst of a meteroid, nice coverup story!
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  I didn't think MRI affects the body, it is the other way around.
                  nah I'm not getting you there, how are readings obtained then if the body does not affect the MRI

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Of course, we don't know long-term effects of constant exposure.
                    What about people who live near to pylons? They might disagree..

Comment

Working...
                    X