• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leftie axe to grind?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftie axe to grind?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6733349.stm

One the BBC site, is this article. So what? What are they trying to say? He is greedy? People are paid too much? What?

If he turns the company around, pay him millions I say.

I can't see anything wrong with the article. Remuneration for directors is supposed to be made public. Stuart Rose deserves it as far as I can see.

Comment

What is news worthy about this article. It strikes me it is trying to say

"look at how much this person gets? How is that right?"

Probably written by a leftie student on work experience at the beeb.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt

I don't get it. It seems pretty neutral to me. It's business news and is reported as such. Have I missed something?

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6733349.stm

One the BBC site, is this article. So what? What are they trying to say? He is greedy? People are paid too much? What?

If he turns the company around, pay him millions I say.
          We all benefit from the products of capitalism. Some people seem to think they should benefit more without having to show much for it. Just an out-dated loony-left class rant.

You should have heard John Humphrey's hectoring the Chief Exec of C4 on the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning over this race row crap. The C4 bloke couldn't get a proper word in edgeways becuase of Humphreys' interuptions and trying to ply his own perspective on the matter. This is a man who presents a programme on a radio channel who's core listeners I suspect couldn't care less about Big Brother.

The Bag 'o B0ll0x Corporation is full of 'em.

Comment

The problem is when he has a few bad years and gets the sack he'll get paid even more ! He does seem to know what he's doing but plenty of the multi millions boys aren't worth it.

Comment

They do this with the leading City fellows every year...always said in a "it's disgusting how much money they earn" tone of voice.

It's just this ******* country. Everyone thinks they're owed something. Poeple will read that article and think "why dont M&S cut prices instead of giving some bloke all that money?" "Why aren't we benefitting from that instead of him?"

Typical ******* English attitude.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                They do this with the leading City fellows every year...always said in a "it's disgusting how much money they earn" tone of voice.

It's just this ******* country. Everyone thinks they're owed something. Poeple will read that article and think "why dont M&S cut prices instead of giving some bloke all that money?" "Why aren't we benefitting from that instead of him?"

Typical ******* English attitude.

Go on, Sal, you tell 'em

Comment

I don't see that at all, it looks a fair article. They give him credit for turning the company around.

It is newsworthy because M&S are a big and long-established brand, and especially as they went downhill a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
                    The problem is when he has a few bad years and gets the sack he'll get paid even more ! He does seem to know what he's doing but plenty of the multi millions boys aren't worth it.
                    Well, you'll first have to define 'bad' years! If 'bad' meaning the books look tulipe, but my core investors will now be able to increase their holdings, due to a depressed share price, and thereby get bigger divis next year...

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X