• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BAE and the Suadi prince

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAE and the Suadi prince

Hasn't business always been conducted this way? I think you would have to be very naive to think otherwise.

Why can't they let it lie? I just hope the Guardian and the BBC are happy when BAE lose the deal and 5,000 skilled UK employee's lose their jobs.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 8 June 2007, 13:47. Reason: fleetwood, school boy error.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Hasn't business always been conducted this way? I think you would have to be very naive to think otherwise.

Why can't they let it lie? I just hope the Guardian and the BBC are happy when BAE lose the deal and 5,000 skilled UK employee's lose there jobs.

It's the clash of cultures. In my younger years I travelled extensively throughout the Middle East and the Arab culture is one of bartering, bargaining and sweetners.

However, in the West, it opens the door to bribary and unfair competition and hence it is illegal.
    Last edited by Kyajae; 8 June 2007, 13:36.

Comment

FFS
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Never thought of it that way before - makes more sense now. But does that make it right? Is it then fraud, as such?

We'd be fools to lose our main customer for the arms trade.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
          Never thought of it that way before - makes more sense now. But does that make it right? Is it then fraud, as such?

All depends on how many lefties work for the Guardian and the BBC then init?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
            One is a fool to have its main customer for the arms trade being a backwards fraudlent country like Saudi Arabia: it's the British Govt and NATO partners who should be the main users of advanced weapons systems.

There my July's posting quota has been used up, I blame sadguru and Kajage for that

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
              All depends on how many lefties work for the Guardian and the BBC then init?
              And it's only now being called bribery. It was perfectly legal when the contract was signed.

Or should we just invent laws to dodge contractual obligations?
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
                It was perfectly legal when the contract was signed.

Or should we just invent laws to dodge contractual obligations?
                Is this not what HMRC are doing in the hoose of lairds just the noe? Obey one law while we try to do you for one that does not exist yet.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  There my July's posting quota has been used up, I blame sadguru and Kajage for that
                  hey ATW, come back! i miss your insights into Russian espionage and intelligence. What do you think Blair will be saying to Putin today? "Do you mind not using atomic substances in future assassinations?"

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    One is a fool to have its main customer for the arms trade being a backwards fraudlent country like Saudi Arabia
                    Oh yes, I am sure it has cost us a packet over the years alexei!

Originally posted by AtW
                    There my July's posting quota has been used up
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X