• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anybody else on this board....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anybody else on this board....

......who is not a victim of this insidious PC oppression that seems to be all the rage now?

The poor wee lambs on here seem to be awfully upset and not a wee bit afraid wot with them being such a bunch of victims.

Something should be done about it anyways - it all sounds terribly upsetting.

Originally posted by Rantor
    ......who is not a victim of this insidious PC oppression that seems to be all the rage now?

The poor wee lambs on here seem to be awfully upset and not a wee bit afraid wot with them being such a bunch of victims.

Something should be done about it anyways - it all sounds terribly upsetting.

Victims
    We're protesters

Comment

I'm not a victim. What have those nasty PC people done to you now?

Comment

Luckily in Denmark they may understand a lot of English, but subtle nuances like asking if a young lady is peanut smuggling are totally lost. Unless of course the young lady in question was playing a double bluff, which is possible.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
          I'm not a victim. What have those nasty PC people done to you now?
          Nowt as far as I know but they seem to be causing a load of guys on here no end of grief.

Maybe I'm in denial and need to recognise my own victimhood. Is it too late to sign up for the nonce-maimers or whatever we got up to this week?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Luckily in Denmark they may understand a lot of English, but subtle nuances like asking if a young lady is peanut smuggling are totally lost. Unless of course the young lady in question was playing a double bluff, which is possible.
            I was on the phone today with a tech engineer in Paris who insisted on speaking en Anglais but was bemused when I kept cracking up every time he mentioned the instructions he was sending me "on how to take a dump"

Oh those foreigners and their wacky ways

On a vaguely similar vein I've finally convinced some dutch speaking colleagues that the correct phrase in english for a weekend break is "Cottaging" - Not Big, Not Clever but I had a good chortle anyway

Comment

I was on the phone today with a tech engineer in Paris who insisted on speaking en Anglais but was bemused when I kept cracking up every time he mentioned the instructions he was sending me "on how to take a dump"

On a vaguely similar vein I've finally convinced some dutch speaking colleagues that the correct phrase in english for a weekend break is "Cottaging" - Not Big, Not Clever but I had a good chortle anyway
              How about, instead of a fag break, they go outside for a "felch".

Comment

He's got it in for the PC's now. What have they ever done to you ?
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

And the French laugh when we tell them our yoghurt contains preservatifs.
                  http://www.leroidelacapote.com/
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Yeah mine oppresses me sometimes, eventually I have enough and do a fresh windows install.
                    All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Working...
                    X