• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newsnight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsnight

Anybody see Newsnight last night? Kirsty Wark "interviewed" Alex Salmond about his complaint of Blair riding roughshod over the Scottish executive and legal system. Not just his complaint, but one that had the unanimous support of all 4 major parties in the Scottish Parliament, including Tory leader Annabel Goldie, who described herself as a "trenchant unionist".

Actually all Wark did was interrupt him, and ignore the points he was making about what he, as First Minister of a parliament, had done in that parliament. Then she made her last comment, and as he began to reply, turned away from him saying "I'm afraid we have to leave it there" as the sound was turned off; this on the main item of the evening on Newsnight. She preferred to hear the words of the man from the Scottish Office in London.

Thanks, Kirsty: that must be worth quite a few votes for the SNP.
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Blair has never congratulated Salmond on winning the election, which is bad form.

Comment

Why didn't they just do an old skool Gerry Adams on him!
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Blair has never congratulated Salmond on winning the election, which is bad form.
        He managed to congratulate Sarkozy in his own language, though. Priorities.

Has anyone noticed Blair's recent keenness to shift more powers to Europe? That must be where he's planning to go next.

For once I agree with Vladimir "would you buy a used Lada from this man" Putin: Blair is an ex-prime minister. Time to go.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Tam Dalyell was interviewed on Radio 4's PM program at 5.30pm yesterday. He has been campaigning for ages about having the Lybian bloke's conviction appealed as the conviction was the result of the being hung out to dry on dodgey evidence by the Lybian Govt for normalisation of international relations. The Lybian has always protested his inocence.

But even Tam said that Blair's actions were tantamount to contemptuous arrogance. Well, Tam, what do you expect from Blair.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            But even Tam said that Blair's actions were tantamount to contemptuous arrogance. Well, Tam, what do you expect from Blair.
            Hear hear

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
              He managed to congratulate Sarkozy in his own language, though. Priorities.

Has anyone noticed Blair's recent keenness to shift more powers to Europe? That must be where he's planning to go next.

For once I agree with Vladimir "would you buy a used Lada from this man" Putin: Blair is an ex-prime minister. Time to go.

Tony's next visit will not be in Europe (possibly excluding the International Court of Justice in the Haugue) rather it will be the US - asll those years of faithfully complying with the US will be rewarded by lucrative lectures - all Blair ever wanted was to get rich - at any price.

For the record Tony Blair is the most outstanding politiican the UK has ever had - the Peoples Prime Minister - as he will be fondly remembered by.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 June 2007, 15:46.

Comment

US will be the Yo Blair! tour

Comment

I take it he will travel everywhere with security?

He will miss his ready made crowds of adoring public (who are really labour cronies pretending to be members of the public).
                  All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
                    I take it he will travel everywhere with security?

He will miss his ready made crowds of adoring public (who are really labour cronies pretending to be members of the public).
                    Interestingly, the Torygraph has noted that bliar wants the entire road closed where his new house(s) are and Westminster council are having none of that, but are quite ready for the Home Office to overrule them for "security reasons".

Compare that to Thatcher during the IRA campaign who didn't make those sorts of demands when she left.

Also, bliar will get £90,000/year from the public purse to run an office.

We can but grasp the thin hope that if he is called in as a witness to the cash-for-peerages inquiry and any possible Iraq tribunal, that his popularity for the speakers circuit will be dampened somewhat, leaving his £250,000 year mortgage payments under threat.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X