• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parents encouraged to use large 4x4's by the government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents encouraged to use large 4x4's by the government

What a lot of people seem to have missed is that fact that the new child seat laws force parents with 3 or 4 children to either own a large 4x4 (or equivalent 7 seater, not many about that aren't 4x4 sized) or drive about in 2 cars due to the fact that you can't fit all the required child seats in a standard 5 seater car.

What do the hippes amoungst us who scream about how horrible 4x4's are have to say about the above, oh and any recoomendations on a good 7 seater to buy?

(Oh and Ford and Vauxhall are out of the question)

2 things

1/ How did people get by before these cars came along?
    2/ How many families with 4x4 have 4 kids?
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      why ?
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
        What a lot of people seem to have missed is that fact that the new child seat laws force parents with 3 or 4 children to either own a large 4x4 (or equivalent 7 seater, not many about that aren't 4x4 sized) or drive about in 2 cars due to the fact that you can't fit all the required child seats in a standard 5 seater car.

What do the hippes amoungst us who scream about how horrible 4x4's are have to say about the above, oh and any recoomendations on a good 7 seater to buy?

New Disco; 7 adult sized seats.

Consider investing in your own refinery though and fix some cotton wool on the front to prevent injuries to pedestrians.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
          2 things

1/ How did people get by before these cars came along?
          2/ How many families with 4x4 have 4 kids?

1: They were not forced to buy these huge car seats. The laws have now changed and a child up to 7? must sit in a booster seat. If I take 2 kids in a car, I need a trailer to then take anything with me.

2: No idea, why is i that different? How many families with Volvo estates have 4 kids? same arguement applies...

Comment

Don't know much about cars but very quick research comes up with the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 7 seat. I expect there are others.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
              Don't know much about cars but very quick research comes up with the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 7 seat. I expect there are others.
              But how fast does it reach 60? This is important for little Jonny's safety you see!
              I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Buy a minibus, but then they're not cooool are they....
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

what are booster seats, are they the small cushion that makes the child sit higher ?
                  Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    what are booster seats, are they the small cushion that makes the child sit higher ?
                    Milan.

Yes...

Comment

Working...
                    X