• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the name of Religion........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the name of Religion........

Probe into Galloway attack claims
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6740775.stm

"There was one guy I would describe as a ringleader who said 'I don't like your radio talk, I don't like your newspaper talk, I have a religious duty to knock you down'."

I'm no fan of George Galloway but FFS!!

Originally posted by Kyajae
    Probe into Galloway attack claims
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6740775.stm

"There was one guy I would describe as a ringleader who said 'I don't like your radio talk, I don't like your newspaper talk, I have a religious duty to knock you down'."

I'm no fan of George Galloway but FFS!!
    I guess he means a 'sectarian duty'. Nutters.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
      I guess he means a 'sectarian duty'. Nutters.
      Well I thought that until I looked up the definition:
      sectarian - a member of a sect; "most sectarians are intolerant of the views of any other sect"

I just don't understand why religion is the only 'aspect' that a sect can use to define itself from others.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        Well I thought that until I looked up the definition:
        sectarian - a member of a sect; "most sectarians are intolerant of the views of any other sect"

I just don't understand why religion is the only 'aspect' that a sect can use to define itself from others.
        I meant 'sectarian' in the narrow Northern Irish and Scottish sense of Catholic vs Protestant. It's not about religious belief (I bet the guy kicking George wasn't shouting 'Papal infallibility, my @rse'), it's about the community people identify with (the communities being distinguishable as Catholic and Protestant) .

Comment

Maybe it was one of Saddams money men out to get all their oil for food money back from Curious George?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Maybe it was one of Saddams money men out to get all their oil for food money back from Curious George?

Mailman
            An Iraqi with a Scoth accent. Is that possible? Hmmm....

I used to visit a Fish & Chip Shop run by an Italian with a Scotch accent. Hmmm.....

Comment

George Galloway is a smug tw@t that needs a shovel right across the head...and thwow him to the floor m'lud?

Comment

Working...
              X