• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding gifts from Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding gifts from Company

I am getting hitched this month and found some info on tax free gifts from employers to employees on the HMRC website. I can’t seem to find any guidelines on how much my Ltd company can give me though. Have any of you had this kind of gift? If so, how much is reasonable?
    I am in the process of changing accountant so asking her is a waste of time!

marriage is the process of finding out what sort of man your wife would have preffered.

Comment

Originally posted by pedro
      I am getting hitched this month and found some info on tax free gifts from employers to employees on the HMRC website. I can’t seem to find any guidelines on how much my Ltd company can give me though. Have any of you had this kind of gift? If so, how much is reasonable?
      I am in the process of changing accountant so asking her is a waste of time!
      No the company can't make a wedding gift to you. Underpinning all such concessionary treatment is the general principle that no expense is allowable unless it is for the purposes of the trade. As you are owner manager, you are not going to feel more incentivised or motivated to generate more profit for the company because it gave you a wedding present so therefore it is not for the purposes of the trade and hence not allowable.

Comment

Or to put it another way, you really have no f***ing idea what being a business really is, do you?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          Or to put it another way, you really have no f***ing idea what being a business really is, do you?
          You could ask that same (rhetorical) question to the tax man as well!

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
            You could ask that same (rhetorical) question to the tax man as well!
            Well yes, but we know the answer to that one!
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
              I 2nd that. What a fecking d1ck. Are you using your company as part of work or trying to feck around. Your like the other guy who wants to put a skip through expenses to throw a few bits of paper out. Come on stop wasting our time. Just think is this sensible or not. buying a present for yourself isn't. D1CK.

Comment

some people tut tut

If i took Mrs Cooperinliverp00l onto my ltd co books could i put a breast enlargment through as expenses or as some sort of investment in people. Would they be classed as a company asset or hers

I'm thinking it would increase moral and gain more business
                Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
                  some people tut tut

If i took Mrs Cooperinliverp00l onto my ltd co books could i put a breast enlargment through as expenses or as some sort of investment in people. Would they be classed as a company asset or hers

I'm thinking it would increase moral and gain more business
                  Your missus doesn't read these forums does she?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard1974uk
                    Your missus doesn't read these forums does she?
                    of course not that would spoil the suprise
                    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Working...
                    X