• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off to Amsterdam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to Amsterdam

for a few beers tonight, and some 'how's your father'

but what I can't find are any decent street maps of the area, I've been before, but not from the train staion, does anyone know a good site that can help ??
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Google maps?
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner

but what I can't find are any decent street maps of the area, I've been before, but not from the train staion, does anyone know a good site that can help ??
      I used to work there. I think if u catch the train to the Central station, you are only 5/10 mins walk from a plethora of hotels, cafes (Grasshopper) & red light district is 10 mins from station. Hotels there are a bit $$ so u might want to go further out. If u wanna to get stoned off your head, get a taxi and ask to go to Zombie. A top cafe that all the dutch go to and none of the drunk/stoned £5 Ryanair flight stag weekend football lovin English chavs.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
        I used to work there. I think if u catch the train to the Central station, you are only 5/10 mins walk from a plethora of hotels, cafes (Grasshopper) & red light district is 10 mins from station. Hotels there are a bit $$ so u might want to go further out. If u wanna to get stoned off your head, get a taxi and ask to go to Zombie. A top cafe that all the dutch go to and none of the drunk/stoned £5 Ryanair flight stag weekend football lovin English chavs.
        I'm staying in Utrecht, so I'll be getting a train in and out tonight, thought we'd hit the bars, etc ;0)

I'll be going back every couple of weeks so should be fun (and expensive!!)
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
          checked, sorry pants......
          SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

buy a lonely planet guide ya meez bag!
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

out of the station, accross the square bear left and it will all unfold before you...
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner

Christmas in the trenches and all that ...

I would recommend a beer w/schnapps at "Wynand Fockink" (*) near the Krasnopolski hotel, and grub at Brasserie Harkema by Dam Square. Both A1.

(*) actual name

Comment

Is the Banana bar still there where the nice lady writes a post card with her front bum? We were on a stag do and as the best man I had to finish off the banana!

I keep meaning to go back with the wife as I'm sure there was more to see outside the seedy area.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

sore head, and yes the banana ar is still there, although we did not venture in, we went to about 6 or 7 bars, 10 pints and several cocktails and off back to Utrecht.
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X