• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Killer - IR35 caught or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Killer - IR35 caught or not?

If I was a paid assassin, would I still be caught by IR35 if I only had one client?

Also rate negotiation: If your client paid £30K to kill someone, and you went to them, and they in turn offered £40K to NOT kill them, could you negotiate a higher rate from the client?

Originally posted by KentPhilip
    If I was a paid assassin, would I still be caught by IR35 if I only had one client?

Also rate negotiation: If your client paid £30K to kill someone, and you went to them, and they in turn offered £40K to NOT kill them, could you negotiate a higher rate from the client?

Have you been smoking something?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Have you been smoking something?
      Please can I have some cos I need itttttttt!!!

Comment

Do you have a right of substitution? Does the client direct how you carry out the work. As it is based on a deliverable and you would be using your own equipement I presume - I think you'd be ok.

On the other hand your second para shows a distinct lack of professionalism. You should take the 40k, kill em and then take the 30k from the original client (mayne kill them as well just to be on the safe side)

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
          Do you have a right of substitution? Does the client direct how you carry out the work. As it is based on a deliverable and you would be using your own equipement I presume - I think you'd be ok.

On the other hand your second para shows a distinct lack of professionalism. You should take the 40k, kill em and then take the 30k from the original client (mayne kill them as well just to be on the safe side)

HTH
          Not to mention expenses required to and from the killing spree....

Comment

Clearly you are not an assassin in your own right, merely a disguised murderer. Tax please!

HTH

Hector

Comment

call the revenue helpline and ask them

Comment

If you are caught & do time you can claim that you are paying for mistakes by yourself during the contract, therefore outside IR35.

Comment

I wouldn't pay any tax at all. Shoot anybody from HMRC.

Comment

That would depend. Does the client insist on telling you when to do the job and provide you with the equipment. Does the client tell you how to kill someone.

Can you send a sub to do the job.

On the other hand would you tell an assasin that you want half his earnings!

Comment

Working...
                    X