• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair attacks media

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair attacks media

Media 'like feral beast' - Blair
    Originally posted by Blair
    ...the media was increasingly "and to a dangerous degree" driven by "impact" which was, in turn, "unravelling standards, driving them down."

Its relationship with politicians is "damaged" and in need of repair.
    Says he, who has taken spin and deceit through the media to a whole new level!

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Media 'like feral beast' - BlairSays he, who has taken spin and deceit through the media to a whole new level!

Blair is the joke. Some jokes just write themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Media 'like feral beast' - BlairSays he, who has taken spin and deceit through the media to a whole new level!
      Well he has no further use for them now, eh?
      I forsee some legislation to muzzle the press in true Labour style.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Guest Appearance

Seeing as nothing much of interest here these days, thought I'd pass on some words.

News in your face every minute of everyday, pressure to modify or take the juicy bits out of context to suit a cause. This is all just damn silly, TB is correct it is plain unhelpful, simply clouds the issues and makes getting to the facts less likely. Look how long and painful the Bob Woolmer affair was. It’s perverting the course of justice in my view and simply providing ammunition for all the failed pseudo academics to blame somebody else for their sad sorry lives and thereby continue the never-ending cycle of complete bollox we are fed daily. Had it not been for the media frenzy the Jamaicans would have resolved the issue very quickly, I suggest lots of people take out lots of libel cases against the press. We are getting to a state where someone is judged, the media cry out, the people respond and the judgment is changed, that is mob rule driven by the media. The BB scandal, at first no one thought Jade was guilty of anything that was not perfectly natural, media frenzy and all of a sudden the poor girl is vilified and consequently ruined.

I nicked this bit : MPs are our elected representatives, journalists are businessmen trying to turn a profit for their large, often multi-national corporations. We desperately need to return to a system where our national debate takes place in Parliament between elected representatives, to whom we can make representation. Without the haze created by the frenzy we would be able to hold our leaders to account much easier.

Look I hate TB, he has given the country away and for which he will surely ultimately be remembered. For that he is the worst leader this country could have ever had the misfortune to be lumbered with. Not the Iraq war, the common man doesn’t give a flying one, never did. Cash for anything, who cares? Day in, day out, ‘racist blah blah blah’, we don’t give a frig there seems so much of this damn thing that everyone’s having a bit of it anyway. Only the media cares and so do the semi-academic failures who need to believe they have arrived on the social ladder and take one precarious step (in their minds) above the realists by pretending to care about anything else, but in reality it’s just themselves. * laughs in face of those who continue to use rearranged spelling of Blair, directs exponents to dictionary *

I hate him but he speaks sense here, it’s just unfortunate that he screwed the country by allowing so many outsiders in and thereby creating an environment for enmity to grow on all sides. You can cite article after article, eminent sage after sage but they all do it from their elevated and theoretical positions and say nothing for the ordinary man. We have had enough of this rubbish from the incompetent government, and the media and pseudo-academics who are promoting nothing but themselves in their own minds.
        Last edited by Causus Deli; 13 June 2007, 10:33.

Comment

This is not going to be much of a thread with someone to support TB. So I will...

eeerrr I cant. oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by Causus Deli
            Seeing as nothing much of interest here these days, thought I'd pass on some words.

News in your face every minute of everyday, pressure to modify or take the juicy bits out of context to suit a cause. This is all just damn silly, TB is correct it is plain unhelpful, simply clouds the issues and makes getting to the facts less likely. Look how long and painful the Bob Woolmer affair was. It’s perverting the course of justice in my view and simply providing ammunition for all the failed pseudo academics to blame somebody else for their sad sorry lives and thereby continue the never-ending cycle of complete bollox we are fed daily. Had it not been for the media frenzy the Jamaicans would have resolved the issue very quickly, I suggest lots of people take out lots of libel cases against the press. We are getting to a state where someone is judged, the media cry out, the people respond and the judgment is changed, that is mob rule driven by the media. The BB scandal, at first no one thought Jade was guilty of anything that was not perfectly natural, media frenzy and all of a sudden the poor girl is vilified and consequently ruined.

I nicked this bit : MPs are our elected representatives, journalists are businessmen trying to turn a profit for their large, often multi-national corporations. We desperately need to return to a system where our national debate takes place in Parliament between elected representatives, to whom we can make representation. Without the haze created by the frenzy we would be able to hold our leaders to account much easier.

Look I hate TB, he has given the country away and for which he will surely ultimately be remembered. For that he is the worst leader this country could have ever had the misfortune to be lumbered with. Not the Iraq war, the common man doesn’t give a flying one, never did. Cash for anything, who cares? Day in, day out, ‘racist blah blah blah’, we don’t give a frig there seems so much of this damn thing that everyone’s having a bit of it anyway. Only the media cares and so do the semi-academic failures who need to believe they have arrived on the social ladder and take one precarious step (in their minds) above the realists by pretending to care about anything else, but in reality it’s just themselves. * laughs in face of those who continue to uis rearranged spelling of Blair, directs exponents to dictionary *
            Nice straw man you set up there - lumping 'the media' into one homogenous block. It's the red-tops who are largely responsible for the kind of baiting and interference with the course of justice, invasion of privacy et al.
            He specifically attacked The Independant, whose coverage of the same issues was balanced. His arguments hold water with the tabloids - but attacking the Indy may have been a response to their continued opposition to the war in Iraq, their 'Whitewash' special after the Hutton inquiry, and their interpretation & analysis of Whitehall as opposed to being a Whitehall mouthpiece.
            Far from 'hazing' the issues, it is precisely this kind of measured, carefully sourced reporting that helps us hold our leaders accountable. Not all journalists represent their corporate advertisers, those in the Indy, the Grauniad and the FT have far more freedom of expression than you might think.
            And who really gives a monkeys about BB? Really? You do? Forward thinking broadsheets credit their readership with sufficient intelligence to sort views from news, and the superficial from the serious.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
              Nice straw man you set up there - lumping 'the media' into one homogenous block. It's the red-tops who are largely responsible for the kind of baiting and interference with the course of justice, invasion of privacy et al.
              He specifically attacked The Independant, whose coverage of the same issues was balanced. His arguments hold water with the tabloids - but attacking the Indy may have been a response to their continued opposition to the war in Iraq, their 'Whitewash' special after the Hutton inquiry, and their interpretation & analysis of Whitehall as opposed to being a Whitehall mouthpiece.
              Far from 'hazing' the issues, it is precisely this kind of measured, carefully sourced reporting that helps us hold our leaders accountable. Not all journalists represent their corporate advertisers, those in the Indy, the Grauniad and the FT have far more freedom of expression than you might think.
              And who really gives a monkeys about BB? Really? You do? Forward thinking broadsheets credit their readership with sufficient intelligence to sort views from news, and the superficial from the serious.
              good post. IMO its not really the media at fault but the morons who buy this rubbish.

anyone who watches BB, or reads a tabloid, should not be allowed to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                good post. IMO its not really the media at fault but the morons who buy this rubbish.

anyone who watches BB, or reads a tabloid, should not be allowed to vote.
                People could be given the choice of either voting in BB and other similar TV programmes, or in elections. I wonder what the split would be.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
                  Unfortunately you choose to concentrate on an example given by Mr Blair as if that is his only gripe, I think not. I agree on the FT comment alone. BB yes who cares but again it was an example I gave, can you not extrapolate? It is the tabloids that are the problem, they should have their wings clipped. The BBC too.

Anyone saying that anyone buying a tabloid should not get a vote is a puerile idiot, one of the pseudo academics with an over inflated opinion of themselves that I alluded to earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Causus Deli
                    Unfortunately you choose to concentrate on an example given by Mr Blair as if that is his only gripe, I think not. I agree on the FT comment alone. BB yes who cares but again it was an example I gave, can you not extrapolate? It is the tabloids that are the problem, they should have their wings clipped. The BBC too.

Anyone saying that anyone buying a tabloid should not get a vote is a puerile idiot, one of the pseudo academics with an over inflated opinion of themselves that I alluded to earlier.
                    Clipping their wings, eh?

Comment

Working...
                    X