• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beer and mussels!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer and mussels!

I'm off to brussels in a couple of weeks...is it any good?

I would imagine I'll not do much else than sit plonked in a bar, guzzling fruity beer and eating mussles all day (every day)....which I dont imagine will be pretty

Any of you lot been? Someone on here is based there - I just cant remember who.
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne

I would imagine I'll not do much else than sit plonked in a bar, guzzling fruity beer and eating mussles all day (every day)....which I dont imagine will be pretty

Been there a lot. There is a really good Irish bar just out of town centre that does a really good pint of Hoegaarden in a frozen glass....I sat there for a full day and got really really drunk...HTH

Comment

Beer and muscles? Sounds a lot like me

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
        Beer and muscles? Sounds a lot like me
        Of course it does
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Go to Victor's restaurant, the best in town (I was taken there by a couple of locals).

It's a lovely place, a little like eating in Harrod's food emporium.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Is it any good....good question! Work or pleasure?

Either way there are a lot of very good bars and restaurants. It is a very small city and the centre veers quickly from charming to well dodgy.

There are really smart neighbourhoods for shopping, eating and drinking outside of the city centre.

Loads of standard touristy stuff to see (Buildings, the Atomium is worth a visit, Museums)

Try the Filet Americain on a hangover

Comment

it's a tulipe place. The atom thingey is rubbish and it took us 1 hr to find the weeing statue. I would never go there again.

Comment

My 6-7 week stint in brussels ends tomorrow.

.... i'll be pleased to never return again

The beer is wicked, and the food is great - but if your used to some kind of pulse in your nightlife, then you'll be dissapointed.

Not much cop for shopping, and the place is decidedly shabby in parts.

Stick to the grand place and the general touristy bits - and be sure to indulge in what they do best, food, beer and sitting about.

Comment

Originally posted by nucastle
                  My 6-7 week stint in brussels ends tomorrow.

.... i'll be pleased to never return again

The beer is wicked, and the food is great - but if your used to some kind of pulse in your nightlife, then you'll be dissapointed.

Not much cop for shopping, and the place is decidedly shabby in parts.

Stick to the grand place and the general touristy bits - and be sure to indulge in what they do best, food, beer and sitting about.

isn't that what you do best too?
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

There are a couple of us in Sunny Belgie.

Joe Black is in Brussels I think. I am about 1 hour away.

I didnt like living there, but it is OK as a tourist for a couple of days.

How long are you here? Mid week or week end?
                    What do you want to do while you are here?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X