• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A New Telly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Telly

I'm on the lookout for a new telly for the bedroom and the lounge. I've seen a Toshiba 42inch LCD 1080 res telly for £799 (42wlt66). It's the older model. I've read a couple of reviews which say that it's good for High def, but not great on std def. Can somebody recommend some good ones to check out.

I don't want to pay more than £1800 for the pair, so I'm happy to have a smaller screen in the bedroom (about 32 inch) and a better telly downstairs.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Just bought a TOSHIBA 42X3030DB for £899.99 inc vat and delivery.

Well, the toilet wall was looking a bit bare I thought.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Toshiba-42...Conclusion.php

Comment

I'd hate a telly in the bedroom.

Comment

Agreed. Only 2 activities are allowed in the Prawn bedroom. Watching TV is not one of them.

Comment

I have the Toshiba 37WLT68 which is the newer model and the SD picture is stunning, so much so that I don't think I'll bother with sky hd until its free!

I did a hell of a lot of searching before plumping for this set and to be honest I think it’s the best bit of AV kit I have ever bought, more than impressed.

I paid £1250 six months ago but you can get them for £800 now.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

"I'd hate a telly in the bedroom."

Me also, but the wife is recovering in there and will be for some time. That is why I'm happy to have a smaller cheaper telly in there, and a better one donstairs.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php is a fantastic resource for this kind of question.

Anything audio/visual or general electronica it's where I do my research.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Recently purchased a Samsung 50" plasma for £999 online. I also got the builders in to build it flush into the wall for a total price of less than what Curry's were selling it for (£1400). It looks mint. The only downside is the sound isn't as good as some others like Pioneer etc, but if you use a separate home cinima system then you don't need to worry...

For the price I don't think you can get any bigger....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                  "I'd hate a telly in the bedroom."

Me also, but the wife is recovering in there and will be for some time. That is why I'm happy to have a smaller cheaper telly in there, and a better one donstairs.
                  How is she, Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Agreed. Only 2 activities are allowed in the Prawn bedroom. Watching TV is not one of them.
                    What about watching prawn?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X