• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in New York

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in New York

Going to NY next week, does anyone have any non-violent recommendations for things to do in the evenings

empire state building and statue of liberty is a must (take the audio tours)

u could go visit ground zero...but a bit depressing

good place for dinner is Little Italy

check out timesquare on a saturday night...

catch a show on broadway (but i suppose u can do that in the westend)

Comment

I wouldn't visit the world trade centre, the view isn't what it used to be
      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Do the Circle Line boat tour around Manhattan.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Don't spend too long in the touristy mid-town areas - the best areas are Lower West Side, Meatpackers District and TriBecA.
          Call the cops

Comment

best laugh is go to happy hour anywhere and get leathered on margaritas and then go to the Loews cinema in times sq and watch everyone shout back at the screen.

Comment

You could try out a trip to the Marriott revolving restaurant (Times Square)...a bit pricey but the food was excellent, was only there in January 2007. And the views are obviously interesting. You can book online if you do a google search.

A broadway show would be worth a look in...

When I went last year we also went on an evening dining-cruise which took you past/around the statue of Liberty etc...again, a bit pricey but a good evening. Think it's called World Yacht Cruise if you google it...

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy
                Going to NY next week, does anyone have any non-violent recommendations for things to do in the evenings
                Best view of Manhattan is from Brooklyn Heights.
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I lived there for four years so got a pretty good idea of the options - give me some idea of the kind of things you like to do and I'll give you some ideas of where to do them, or similar things you may like - there is so much variety that you could spend four years doing stuff and come nowehere near close (I know I did) to exploring them all.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

John's Pizzeria near Times Square. Best I've ever had.

Comment

Working...
                    X