• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in Milton Keynes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in Milton Keynes

I'm planning a romantic weekend in Milton Keynes. Apart from going round the roundabouts, anyone suggest some things to do?

Buy a tin of glue for that authentic Milton Keynes experience
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Go to Lego Land instead. It looks the same but has more of an air of authenticity about it.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
        I'm planning a romantic weekend in Milton Keynes. Apart from going round the roundabouts, anyone suggest some things to do?

Milton Keynes? Good sense of humour int ya?!

Snow Dome?
        l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
          There's something for everyone there:

Skiing (on snow) at XScape

Evening at the Milton Keynes Theatre

Pilgrimage to the MK Dons old ground, the National Hockey Stadium

Comment

Sounds good. I'm glad I didn't waste money on tickets to New York or Paris now.

Comment

oooh, watchit mate, just read this. I had no idea MK was such a hotbed of violent unrest:

Milton Keynes Concrete Cows Are Smashed across the Hockey Stadium Pitch

The city's original concrete cows have been badly damaged after being targetted by vandals.

The iconic cows have been grazing at the temporary home of the MK Dons, The National Hockey Stadium since 2004.

But when builders arrived at the stadium on Saturday morning they found the five famous bovines had been uprooted, smashed and scattered across the pitch.

Police believe the offenders scaled a high fence into the ground, before managing to start up a fork-lift truck which was being used to dismantle one of the stands.

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/localnews/Dis...e.asp?ID=49098

Comment

Yes, the cows are in the concrete cow hospital as we speak. The surgeons reckon they'll be fit in time for the big kick-off at the new stadium.

Comment

Excursions

Take an excursion to Bletchley Park...??

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
                    Take an excursion to Bletchley Park...??
                    Good idea! As you walk around with your girl KC, try and sound like you enjoy it - women like brainy blokes. They want brainy sperms for their babies.

Comment

Working...
                    X