• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had any success getting Brookson to close their Ltd Company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had any success getting Brookson to close their Ltd Company?

I left Brookson now 2 months ago and setup my own Ltd company. Unfortunatley this was too late to stop them setting up a company and bank account in my name. I've been trying to get Brookson to close this company without any success. Is anyone else who's left Brookson having a similar problem. Also has anyone just closed the company themself without involving Brookson?

You can't just close a company like that. The application has to go to Companies House who advertise for creditors in the London Gazette for 3 months, the Revenue have to give their permission, and you still have to file year end accounts. The quickest it can realistically happen is around 9 months due to the various processes that need to take place.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
      You can't just close a company like that. The application has to go to Companies House who advertise for creditors in the London Gazette for 3 months, the Revenue have to give their permission, and you still have to file year end accounts. The quickest it can realistically happen is around 9 months due to the various processes that need to take place.
      ....and thats if Brookson have even bothered to start down that road...

One point though, is it any quicker if you argue that you haven't traded yet ?
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you AndyK. I've now given up on Brookson ever answering my emails, or closing my company down.
        I've never traded with the company that Brookson has set up for me, I assume this is the same for you.
        In this case you can use a form '652a Application for Striking off', which can be found with a little digging on the companies house website. You basically fill in the company details, sign it and send it with a cheque for £10 to companies house. Sending mine off today.

I know of several friends who have done this already. It does take some time to action, and companies house do need to advertise the striking off in the london gazette, but as you have never traded with the company you do not need to file year end accounts.

You will also need to tell the VAT man you are not requiring VAT registration.

You will also need to close the RBS business account yourself.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes in same boat as Anderson. Was hoping Brookson would take care of the striking off but looks unlikley now. My only concern is if I do it myself all documents will get sent to Jordans as that's the registerd adress of the company, so have to hope they forward anythin on.

BTW, how will the tax man know if the company has traded or not?

Comment

Surely they can't make you liable for a new company without your permission ?

Personally, I would talk to Companies House about the options. They're quite helpful, in my experience.
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
            X