• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our milky way in collision with another galaxy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our milky way in collision with another galaxy

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstud...s_Collide.html

Doomed!

Erm.....that link is for students aged 5-8 years old.

Well chosen for this board.....
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

mm.
      Galaxy mashed up with Milky Way.
      tasty.

Comment

old hat http://space.newscientist.com/articl...s-collide.html

It's what happens when the two black holes at the centre of each meet... one thing is for sure, parts of you and me will be there ;O) looking for that killer rate contract.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
          It's what happens when the two black holes at the centre of each meet... one thing is for sure, parts of you and me will be there ;O) looking for that killer rate contract.
          It's all right for you to joke about it, you're over in Norway, well out of it.

Comment

Boll0x. I saw the headline and cancelled my newspapers.

I guess that in 4 billion years time humans as we know them won't be about any longer so why should I be concerned?

Comment

Thats all I need to worry about...a bl00dy futuristic chocolate smashup...damn.

Comment

Working...
              X