• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AtW and the Space Station

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AtW and the Space Station

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6752459.stm

They should never have let him test his SKA in space.

Originally posted by PRC1964
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6752459.stm

They should never have let him test his SKA in space.
    Nah, I reckon the problem arises out of that job-lot deal of Viglens the Russins got from from Suralan.

They need a series called the Apprentizisky to show them what "pile-it-high, sell-it-low" sh1t is all about.

Comment

Probably the Russian team doing too many downloads from allofmp3.com. That's Russian too, and full of nasties
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Its more crap news from the BBC.

According to NASA:

The computers on the Russian side of the international space station, that control orientation and oxygen production, have failed.

The leading theory is that a bad power feed may be disrupting the sensitive computers built by Daimler-Benz for the European Space Agency.

“I do not see this is too out of normal, Bill Gerstenmaier, Associate Administrator of NASA, said. This is a kind of thing we deal onboard a lot of space stations, with any complicated machinery that has this many components and this many computers operating”.

“On board the international space station the situation is fine.Nothing threatens the lives of the astronauts," press-Secretary of Russia's Federal Space Agency Igor Panarin told Russia Today. "They are feeling quite well. Speaking about a number of defects, at present, the work to eliminate them is underway. I would like to turn your attention to the fact that qualified experts from Roscosmos (Russian Federal Space Agency) and NASA are dong their best to eliminate the current defects and to restore the functions of the International Space Station to full scale. I would like to express my cautious optimism and add that I hope they will manage it soon”.

In an effort to fix the problem, flight controllers planned to disconnect power feeds that go between the U.S. and Russian sections and then reboot the computers when the station will pass over Russian ground stations. If the power feed from the new arrays turns out to be the problem, the Russian section can get power from other solar panels.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What exactly are the yanks and ruskies doing on this space station?

Is there an intergalactic chess game going on that we are not aware of?

Comment

Working...
          X