• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd or Limited?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd or Limited?

Hello.
    When purchasing the company formation pack for my company we were given the choice between 'Ltd' or 'Limited'. We chose Limited, and I see this is how it appears at Companies House...

So my question is, can we use Company Name Ltd? Or are we obliged to use the full Company Name Limited title?

Corporation Tax CT41G came through saying Ltd, but bank account and others all say Limited....

comments appreciated muchly! thx. rich

Ltd is an offical abreviation of Limited. In short it doesnt matter (afaik).

Comment

It's a shame that you chose 'Limited'. If you had chosen 'Ltd' you are allowed to keep all the tax and VAT money yourself, but you chose Limited so you have to pay up. Gordon says thank you.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
        It's a shame that you chose 'Limited'. If you had chosen 'Ltd' you are allowed to keep all the tax and VAT money yourself, but you chose Limited so you have to pay up. Gordon says thank you.
        That's why I chose Ltd - all this extra tax money means I only have to work 8 months per year.

Shame I didn't know about the choice Ltd. as putting that full stop at the end entitles you to free road tax - nay mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          Ltd is an offical abreviation of Limited. In short it doesnt matter (afaik).
          thx!

Comment

Working...
          X