• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flash on server

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash on server

I have just recently acquired a server for myself to host my own website. Everything works grand.
    However I just loaded a webpage with some flash in it. The flash content doesn't seem to want to play, is there something I need to install on the server in order for it to do flash?
    threenine.co.uk
    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Flash is client side (well simple flash is).

Are you sure the flash is embedded properly, the file there etc.

Comment

Have you tried loading the page into more than one browser? If it works in IE, but not in Firefox, it could be an indication of the server dishing out the flash movie with the wrong MIME type.

Or it could be something as similar as problems with relative/absolute paths in your HTML - something which often crops up when a website is developed locally and then uploaded to webspace.

Comment

Sounds like they haven't got their MIME types set up correctly and it's sending the output back as text/plain.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
        X