• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who can view your CV on jobserve ? Can you block certain companies from viewing it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can view your CV on jobserve ? Can you block certain companies from viewing it ?

These days can you block certain companies/agencies from viewing your C.V. uploaded onto Jobserve ? or is it just a free for all when you put it up there ?

What I don't like is small one man agencies picking up my CV and forwarding it to all employers without my permission. Some of the larger ones still do that .. but I know who they are.

all help appreciated, I aint got time this week to take a look or take the plunge and put my CV up there and find out the hard way.

When you upload your CV you can specify that your explicit authorisation is needed by anyone wishing to view/download your CV.

So when an agent sees that you have a CV on Jobserve, they will express an interest in downloading it. This will generate an email to you and you will then be able to choose whether to allow the agent to have your CV.

The other option is to allow anyone to download it at will.

You are given the choice when you upload your CV to Jobserve.

Comment

I have to say this who can view your cv and permissioning facility on joberve is wonderful as is the new shopping basket and automated applications process using your stored cv, jobserve is amazing

also helps if you do .net !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by messiah
        These days can you block certain companies/agencies from viewing your C.V. uploaded onto Jobserve ? or is it just a free for all when you put it up there ?

What I don't like is small one man agencies picking up my CV and forwarding it to all employers without my permission. Some of the larger ones still do that .. but I know who they are.
        What I don't like is "agencies" with no leads finding my CV and forwarding it to real agencies who do have leads, telling them that they have a consultant they could use...

I have had one agency (with whome I had worked several times before) forward me ("FYI") one such email they got from a parasite. offering me to the agency.

This is why I detest the idea that once an agency has found you, you belong to them. Why should a 15-20% rake-off go to some middleman parasite who does not establish contacts at clients, far less qualify and match contracts and contracors, but who just searches for CVs online and then pretends they represent you? Especially if you are already known to the real agency, but even when you are not? Why should Joe Bloggs be able to find my CV, then go to a big agency and tell them they can have me but it'll cost them?

The solution is to know and be known to the agencies that you want to work with. In the case I mentioned, the agency knew that this scam would come as a surprise to me; and I was able to tell them that this guy did not represent me, so if they had a contract we could leave him out of it.
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Thanks for the info .. although I wonder how many agencies just couldn't be 'ar*sed' to even attempt to grab your CV if it required permission from the originator via e-mail.

To be honest I think that it will speed up the process if you just put it on jobserve without the permission constraint .. although I can see problems with little one man agency working in Peckham laying claim to my CV when he is not in fact the 'preffered supplier' to many of the end clients that I wish to be put forward to. CV 'ownership' conflicts may arise which the end client may not wish to deal with.

I tried the direct route before ie mailing my CV to recruitment agencies and often they just don't get processed speedily or ever .. if I had 3 pence for
          every time an agent only had my old CV instead of the new one I e-mailed their agency weeks ago I would have 3.63 GBP.

Comment

Working...
          X