• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Artists' Studio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artists' Studio

After more than a year on the waiting list - there's a possibility of me renting an artists' studio over on Eel Pie Island.
    Firstly:
    Secondly...

Myco's SICs relate directly to Artwork and Art & Design related activities, and I see this as a legitimate business expense.

Does anyone here have an office/premises? How do I work this into my accounts? Do I just claim the rent/bill back wholly under the company, set up standing orders from the co bank account etc?

Originally posted by realityhack
    After more than a year on the waiting list - there's a possibility of me renting an artists' studio over on Eel Pie Island.
    Firstly:
    Secondly...

Myco's SICs relate directly to Artwork and Art & Design related activities, and I see this as a legitimate business expense.

Does anyone here have an office/premises? How do I work this into my accounts? Do I just claim the rent/bill back wholly under the company, set up standing orders from the co bank account etc?
    Eel Pie Island - is that the one that keeps getting flooded?

Comment

Firstly:
      Secondly...

I hope that's an Eel Pie Island oop north, and not in Twickenham in the glorious south?
      Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
        ...and, more crucially, what does an Eel Pie look like? Is the eel left in its natural, long state and the pie created around it. Resulting in a kind of baseball bat-type pie. Or is the eel wound into circles, allowing for a more conventional style of pie?
        Last edited by Xenophon; 18 June 2007, 10:36. Reason: typo
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
          Not the whole thing - the outer areas do, but the studio I'm looking at is quite a bit above the waterline. The residents occasionally get trapped on the island though - and this is often the catalyst for an impromptu party.

Comment

I don't understand what your accounting problem is. The company pays the rent out of its own account.

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
              I hope that's an Eel Pie Island oop north, and not in Twickenham in the glorious south?
              Ahem.

Comment

Firstly:
                Secondly...

Good luck Mr. Squirrel….hope it all works out!

Comment

Working...
                X