• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expanding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding

I posted last week on one of the other forums about an oppurtunity to take on staff. A freind of mine is going contracting and wants to use my company as an umbrella company. Obviously the contract will be with client and my LTD co and i will need an employment contract between my LTD co and Employee.

I have been pointed in the direction of PCG who can help with contracts e.t.c. but as i'm already established with insurance, accountant, bank account it almost appears as thought by joining PCG i'm paying for things i already have in place.

Are there any other members out there of PCG that feel it is really of benefit to them regardless of cost, what real benefits do you feel you are receiving, is there any other sites that can give help with employee contracts and guidance for taking on staff.

Big thanks as always in advance from your fellow above the law Scouse Contractor
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
    I posted last week on one of the other forums about an oppurtunity to take on staff. A freind of mine is going contracting and wants to use my company as an umbrella company. Obviously the contract will be with client and my LTD co and i will need an employment contract between my LTD co and Employee.
    Don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      There are no friends in business...
      maybe i used the phrase friend a bit too strong. They are someone i know and someone who i want to make money from.

Comment

I have been pointed in the direction of PCG who can help with contracts e.t.c. but as i'm already established with insurance, accountant, bank account it almost appears as thought by joining PCG i'm paying for things i already have in place.

Are there any other members out there of PCG that feel it is really of benefit to them regardless of cost, what real benefits do you feel you are receiving, is there any other sites that can give help with employee contracts and guidance for taking on staff.

Big thanks as always in advance from your fellow above the law Scouse Contractor
        yes, there are benefits - and at the end of the day it's not a huge amount of money in the realms of things is it ?
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Oooooooooer... get her out on the streets forthwith...
          Dog eat Dog world

Comment

Given that we have a government that is totally hostile to us I think that it is essential we have a body that represents our interests, and I am happy to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
              Given that we have a government that is totally hostile to us I think that it is essential we have a body that represents our interests, and I am happy to support it.
              Agreed. PCG are putting up a great fight against S660, and this has probably helped stall further attacks by HMRC on contractors.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

I am no great lover of the PCG. I have voiced my opinion of them a number of times and think they are wrong in many of the things they say and do, BUT, I would still recomend any contractor in the UK join them.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                X