• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Message to threaded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message to threaded

threaded, old chap, when you get time off those handsome lady intelligence officers visiting you regularly, can you please use one of your time machines to make a few adjustments to this world:
    a) kill hitler when he reached 18 years old
    b) kill stalin at the same age
    c) give chico Koran instead of Bible when he started going off his rocket
    d) make sure sadguru chooses new career path: gymnast of the UKs olympic team

ta.

Beware of what you wish for. An alternative version of history could be even worse.

On the other hand, if you could just let me know the lottery numbers for next week...

Comment

Beware what you wish for indeed! I have it on good authority that Hitler inadvertently killed the antichrist with a stray shot during World War One, Stalin had a gang of Giant Alien Lizards (who were cunningly disguised as Polish army officers) put to death just before they launched a cunning plan to take over the world, and sas would roger the life out of Beth Tweddle.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        ... and sas would roger the life out of Beth Tweddle.
        Mmmmm gymnasts. Can she put both ankles behind her head?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Stalin had a gang of Giant Alien Lizards (who were cunningly disguised as Polish army officers)
          At least one of them escaped

Comment

We ran loads of models where Hitler never came to power etc, but they all end up worse than the reality that you live in now. However, what you live in is nothing like the real world.

I’m not going to try and make anymore changes while this model is running. Last time I did that Gordon Brown became PM in 2004 and the model crash two years later. I had to roll back the changes until it stopped crashing. I still haven’t figured out why London got the Olympics, Kiera Knightly has lost those famous knockers of hers, and Zeitghost turned green.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Try playing a game of Chrononauts. Great fun and ever so handy for getting a grip on these paradoxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Try playing a game of Chrononauts. Great fun and ever so handy for getting a grip on these paradoxes.
                Originally posted by wiki
                The game was designed by Andrew Looney in 2000 and is published by Looney Labs.

In 2001 Chrononauts won the Origins Award for Best Traditional Card Game of 2000.
                What does traditional mean in this context?

Or are the judges Loonies too?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Mmmmm gymnasts. Can she put both ankles behind her head?
                  ... or behind your head?
                  God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                  X