• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve Access VBA Position

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve Access VBA Position

Does this advert look a bit suspect to you:

http://www.jobserve.com/W1128EDA4692645B7.job

doesn't make sense to me. Large Bank, Bournemouth, Access, 450/500. Rate sounds high anyway even if it was a city job.

What do you guys think is a good rate for an Access/VBA Developer in the City?

Bournemouth is JP Morgan support services. They've called it an Access role, but if you read the blurb it's the

"extremely strong SQL Server 2000"

and the knowledge of risk management that they know they'll have to pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
      Does this advert look a bit suspect to you:

http://www.jobserve.com/W1128EDA4692645B7.job

doesn't make sense to me. Large Bank, Bournemouth, Access, 450/500. Rate sounds high anyway even if it was a city job.

What do you guys think is a good rate for an Access/VBA Developer in the City?
      At least one of the big IBs has IT in Bournmouth that I know to. The rate looks about right. I suspect that as the ad specifically says Bourmouth, this suggests to me its real. If it was a trawl it would just say London. Or city.

Comment

Reading between the lines it looks like they want someone to help develop an in house risk management app. For that £450-£500 day in a finance house is about right.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

MSACCESS is one of the most underrated products around, it has a much higher reputation in the US and Oz than it does here in the UK. I am currently on 330 a day in London and in ten years the range has been from 30 to 60 gbp an hour. In the city you can get the rate you quoted easily - getting in is difficult though.
          Of course to get the big bucks you have to be more SQL/ORACLE dba than ACCESS developer and you have to be able to make the bastard fly.

I recently built a drag and drop interface and Im so fkin made up with it that I might write a book about it

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The rate seems about reasonable, the lack of description about the role
            seems like the agent doesn't have a job spec at the moment and is probably
            trying to find out what contractors are on the market, if they can work in the area, and how flexible they are on rates.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
              MSACCESS is one of the most underrated products around, it has a much higher reputation in the US and Oz than it does here in the UK. I am currently on 330 a day in London and in ten years the range has been from 30 to 60 gbp an hour. In the city you can get the rate you quoted easily - getting in is difficult though.
              Of course to get the big bucks you have to be more SQL/ORACLE dba than ACCESS developer and you have to be able to make the bastard fly.

I recently built a drag and drop interface and Im so fkin made up with it that I might write a book about it

in that case I should be happy with my 350 then.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
                in that case I should be happy with my 350 then.

you might outrank me in the dosh stakes my friend, but let me see you build a drag and drop interface

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist

you might outrank me in the dosh stakes my friend, but let me see you build a drag and drop interface

not trying to compete on the rate front and I'm not a geek.

Comment

Working...
                  X