• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vatican issues 10 commandments for the motorist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vatican issues 10 commandments for the motorist

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6768395.stm

The Vatican has issued a set of "10 commandments" for motorists to promote safer driving.
    The "Guidelines for the Pastoral Care of the Road" call on drivers to respect speed limits, refrain from drinking before driving and avoid cursing.
    Found them elsewhere

1. You shall not kill.

2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.

3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.

4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.

5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.

6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.

7. Support the families of accident victims.

8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.

9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.

10. Feel responsible toward others.

Tis easier for a 40 tonner to go through they eye of a needle than a 4x4 to park properly?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I notice they don't say anything against speeding...

Comment

Stop thinking that "a person in the sky can talk to you" and you'll be a lot safer.

Comment

I think those 10 commandments come straight from Roadcraft!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Given the way they drive in Italy, I can see why this was thought necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              I notice they don't say anything against speeding...
              Or interfering with small boys in the back seat ..
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

or front seat.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's Astra
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    I think those 10 commandments come straight from Roadcraft!
                    Went downhill when they stopped teaching you to cross white lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X