• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pay frequency decision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pay frequency decision

Hi,

I work with an umbrella company and my agency gave me an option to get paid weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Now it makes very little difference to me but is there a difference between the three tax wise?

Will one option be more beneficial from a take-home perspective?

Thanks

If it's all PAYE already makes no difference. I'd probably choose monthly myself less temptation to spend more temptation to save...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No difference. Choose monthly if you're used to having a proper salary; weekly if you're used to working cash in hand on a building site; fortnightly if you want to alternate weeks with your giro.

Comment

If you've got an offset mortgage, then the quicker you get the money, the better.

Take it weekly.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Fees for four weekly payments are higher than for one monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by james14
            Fees for four weekly payments are higher than for one monthly.
            What fees?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
              fortnightly if you want to alternate weeks with your giro.

Comment

Originally posted by shaftedcontractor
                What fees?
                The umbrella service fees.

Parasol charge a weekly fee of £25.95 per timesheet you enter but if you go on monthly, it's £61.95. I had the choice of weekly or monthly and chose monthly as it saves me about £500 per year!

Comment

Working...
                X