• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

drowning puppies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drowning puppies

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ndrown120.xml

Pah that's nothing, I remember when I was a lad me uncle in Skye took his 4 legged friend who was up in years out to the field with a shovel and shotgun and proceeded to dig a hole (with the dogs help), the mutt got both barrels, filled the hole again and went back home for tea...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

What a t*t..no time for anyone that mistreats animals...jail the tw*t.

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
      What a t*t..no time for anyone that mistreats animals...jail the tw*t.
      Would it have not been more cruel to keep unwanted animals in the steel cage for their best years?

I've heard the same thing done with kittens... cute tiny furry litttle kittens, meeooow
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
        Would it have not been more cruel to keep unwanted animals in the steel cage for their best years?

I've heard the same thing done with kittens... cute tiny furry litttle kittens, meeooow
        If you do not want them, give them to the RSPCA for rehoming....it really is not difficult!!!

Comment

Hmmm. This shouldn't be allowed.

But David Roberts, defending, claimed there was no evidence that such young puppies could experience pain. His view was supported by Steven Lomax, a vet with 28 years' experience, who told the court: "I have heard no evidence to hear that the drowning of a puppy is inhumane."
          What would David and Steven say if I put their kids in concrete slippers and pushed them into the Thames?

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
            If you do not want them, give them to the RSPCA for rehoming....it really is not difficult!!!
            If you RTFA you'd have seen he tried that, but got turned away.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

RSPCA do not generally turn you away.

And anyway, turning him away is NO excuse for what he did. There are always other options, he just chose the easy way and needs a slap for it now.....

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                If you RTFA you'd have seen he tried that, but got turned away.

Also it would appear some folks believe animals have, let alone ones this young, have self awareness by which point they feel it appropriate to believe the animal in question is free to experience the full range of human emotions. Honestly the only instinct those puppies had was one to survive in the few seconds it took for them to pass to the other side, while the cool dark water filled their lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot

Also it would appear some folks believe animals have, let alone ones this young, have self awareness by which point they feel it appropriate to believe the animal in question is free to experience the full range of human emotions. Honestly the only instinct those puppies had was one to survive in the few seconds it took for them to pass to the other side, while the cool dark water filled their lungs.
                  What a dim picture of their last few moments you paint. They breathe air just like you. This person took that air away.

For me, it is what it says about the individual that is most concerning. A person must be so de-sensitised and cold to actually be able to do this.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                    What a dim picture of their last few moments you paint. They breathe air just like you. This person took that air away.

For me, it is what it says about the individual that is most concerning. A person must be so de-sensitised and cold to actually be able to do this.
                    Are you a veggie?

Comment

Working...
                    X