• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is this forum turning into a tuliphole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this forum turning into a tuliphole?

Discuss
    Keep it clean!!!

left yourself open to that one

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
      Discuss
      I've been around here since 2002, and I've noticed the quality is opposite to the state of the contracting market, although I think there has also been a bit of an underlying decline as well.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I remember the old forum in the late 90s. It was a lot worse with member insulting each other.

IT is a really boring industry to be in therefore the forum is a place to have some fun and conversation when one's workplace is lacking fellow contractors.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why?

a. Non Contractors
          b. Wannabee's
          c. Geeks.
          d. Nerds
          e. Dullards
          f. Kids
          g. Probably me!
          h. Probably people who say tuliph0le

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Wow, I had formulated a spur of the moment theory, but OwlHoot had got there before me.

Good economic climate, most contractors are working hard and don't have time to post decent stuff on places like this. In fact, the only contractors with spare time are the really bottom-of-the-barrel ones, for whom lowbrow drivel is a way of life. (I count myself in that latter number.) Simple economics. This forum was brilliant circa 2000-2003.

Comment

Personally the forum that was run in the 60s via the Times personal column was better.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I remember telling Jesus Christ to do a runner, but he won't listen to me.

threaded.

Comment

I noticed this simple correlation - people who whine about this forum's quality are not exactly delivering it. If you are so bloody good at quality posts, then just bloody post and shove them with action, not whines!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    I noticed this simple correlation - people who whine about this forum's quality are not exactly delivering it. If you are so bloody good at quality posts, then just bloody post and shove them with action, not whines!
                    You once again dazzle the masses with your godlike wizdom:

"The truth shall set you free"
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X