• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NAS Backup Solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAS Backup Solutions

I’ve been asked to cost out the purchase and implementation of an AD-compliant 4TB+ NAS box either in RAID or JBOD configuration.

I need to include a separate backup solution and I’ve been trying to source out reviews for multi-rack tape systems (DLT or LTO) that would be suitable for a NAS but I’m not having a lot of luck on Google.

Anyone have any experience in this area or can recommend manufacturers/models to take a look at.

Many thanks.

I have a Buffalo small office solution that does 1TB. Works well, but it's running linux in the background so may not meet your requirements.

Comment

The Buffalo 1TB solution is good...

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
        The Buffalo 1TB solution is good...

yup used this, but its not a real NAS full of redundency. Compaq/HP do some good NAS solutions as do Dell, I'd check them out first. Compaq/HP also do good backup soutions.

There are a few smaller companies that do them, but you need to consider support.
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Thanks guys. I really ned some info on multi-tape backup systems for a NAS. I know co's like Buffalo have in built backup systems but the nature of the data to be stored on the NAS proposal I'm working on is too valuable and sensitive to leave to an onboard facility.

Anyone else have ideas on multi-tape backup systems for a NAS?

Comment

I guess you would be looking at DLT based systems then? They are pretty reliable and good capacity...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              Thanks guys. I really ned some info on multi-tape backup systems for a NAS. I know co's like Buffalo have in built backup systems but the nature of the data to be stored on the NAS proposal I'm working on is too valuable and sensitive to leave to an onboard facility.

Anyone else have ideas on multi-tape backup systems for a NAS?

Yes Dell, T132 library....
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Have a look at these guys.

http://www.tapelibrary.com/qualstar.html
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  Have a look at these guys.

http://www.tapelibrary.com/qualstar.html
                  Just the ticket! Thanks.

WTF didn't Google list this??

Comment

What make is the NAS? Usually when i spec backup systems i just go with the same manufacturer as they tend to integrate well.

HP do some good tape library/autoloaders.

Comment

Working...
                    X