• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returning to the Dark Side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to the Dark Side

Inspired by another thread:

How much of a base pay would tempt you to (seriously) pack up the Contractor Hey Day Days and return to the "Dark Side" aka Permie for the unitiated?

So le Boss calls you in and says "Hey Josie, we are going to offer you ... Base "

Under 50K
    120K+

I'd first be slightly concerned that my boss was calling me Josie.

Comment

Depends if I'd been on the bench for a while. If the money is running out and I need the work then I'd take 50k. If there's work around and I don't need to take it then I'd hold out for 80k+ and even then I'd think twice about it.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
        I'd first be slightly concerned that my boss was calling me Josie.
        It's OK, kitten.

Comment

it would have to be around the 80-100k mark. when I left my permi job 5 years ago I was on 65k plus benifits, inc. car etc.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

who pays 80-100k for a developer ?

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              some stupid investment banks.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                it would have to be around the 80-100k mark. when I left my permi job 5 years ago I was on 65k plus benifits, inc. car etc.
                Well you have to pay for the best!
                I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  Hypothetically speaking, which of the following developers would you choose for your organisation?

1) Somebody on a salary of 40k who could generate an extra 200K profit in a year
                  2) Somebody on a salary of 80k who could generate an extra 1M profit in a year.

Comment

I'd hire developer 1 and then put so much ******* pressure and tulip on the **** that they produce the output of developer 2.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X