• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone manage without broadband?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone manage without broadband?

I can't be bothered with downloading and all the other stuff you are supposed to do online and, to be honest, tend to use the client's net access more than my own.

I was looking at pay as yo go broadband but I'm now seriously thinking of just getting free dial up, freeview box and telling Branson to sod off.

Am I mad (as well as tight)?

Originally posted by Shimano105
    I can't be bothered with downloading and all the other stuff you are supposed to do online and, to be honest, tend to use the client's net access more than my own.

I was looking at pay as yo go broadband but I'm now seriously thinking of just getting free dial up, freeview box and telling Branson to sod off.

Yes, you are mad. Warcraft would be rubbish on dial-up.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
      Yes, you are mad. Warcraft would be rubbish on dial-up.
      Also, you'd have nothing to do on those lonely saturday nights when the missus has gone away for the weekend and you've got the house to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
        Also, you'd have nothing to do on those lonely saturday nights when the missus has gone away for the weekend and you've got the house to yourself.
        Indeed.

Comment

I'd say you're not really committed to this new-fangled IT industry
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Is not this nice - the guy will pay ridiculous amounts for bloody bicycles (get a car!) but won't pay for broadband, get yet wallet you tigher than a duck pathetic excuse for a man!

Comment

Thanks, you've convinced me. Dialup it is.

Comment

Thanks, you've convinced me. Dialup it is.

Comment

I couldn't do without it but what pi55es me off is every time we have a big downpour my router won't sync properly (nm 3-5db, normally 20db) and my phone line goes fuzzy, so I ring BT to complain but by the time they turn up its dry and the BB is fine again, then it rains I ring BT... etc, etc ...you get the picture.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Is not this nice - the guy will pay ridiculous amounts for bloody bicycles (get a car!) but won't pay for broadband, get yet wallet you tigher than a duck pathetic excuse for a man!

Shim, you're not my younger brother are you? I've just dragged him kicking and screaming into the 21st century by getting him to buy a new PC with windows XP on it rather than his old beast running '98. He's been using PAYG dialup and still refuses to get broad band. Even though we had to go and buy him a new external modem to get him back online with the new PC as the old one had an internal ISA Slot modem in it....

He also has around £8,000 of road racing bikes and gear in his garage and thinks nothing of spending £500 on a new pair of wheels.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X