• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Vista - Brilliant!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Vista - Brilliant!

Ativirus/Antispyware causes freezing
    MsMessenger Causes Freezing
    Programs updating in background Cause freezing
    All of the above cause slow uploads
    cant find anything in the operating system coz Bill's henchmen have moved or fecking renamed them.
    Can't run my older progs coz Bill's henchmen have removed or fecking renamed the files they need to run.
    Cant run the new programs I bought to replace the old ones at full spec coz then they want to autocheck for updates and that causes freezing.
    had to fork out 35 bucks for windows live one care coz thats the only security that you can buy that doesn't cause freezing.

Fecking Vista: what would we do without it
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver
    Can't run my older progs coz Bill's henchmen have removed or fecking renamed the files they need to run.
    Cant run the new programs I bought to replace the old ones at full spec coz then they want to autocheck for updates and that causes freezing.
    had to fork out 35 bucks for windows live one care coz thats the only security that you can buy that doesn't cause freezing.

Fecking Vista: what would we do without it
    Have you had to buy new printer, scanner etc. No vista drivers for old stuff!!!
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
      Have you had to buy new printer, scanner etc. No vista drivers for old stuff!!!
      New webcam
      new HP all in one

Webcam is a microsoft lifecam, Vista compatable that I had to download patch to run

Maybe in 3 years time everything will be realy compatable. and Bill will bring out a new OS to feck us all up again!

Comment

Linux is what you want.

Everyone is using Linux, every household, every business. It is soooo good, never locks, crashes or requires driver updates, nor patches or recompiles.

Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Linux is what you want.

Everyone is using Linux, every household, every business. It is soooo good, never locks, crashes or requires driver updates, nor patches or recompiles.

Linux.

I thought that was the name of a bar of soap?

Comment

"Linux is what you want. "

Along with an anorak and a beard
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              "Linux is what you want. "

Along with an anorak and a beard
              Oh wow listen to the stereotypical comment, suggest you get out of the nineties.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard1974uk
                Oh wow listen to the stereotypical comment, suggest you get out of the nineties.
                When exactly did Linux hit the streets and it's still in the realm of the G fraternity

Comment

Wizard is right, you know. They dropped the beard requirement in 2001 for under-30's, in order to try to increase uptake! Those without beards must wear penguin t-shirts at least two (consecutive) days a week, however.

Comment

DP is trolling, he always puts in a comment like that when someone complains about his favourite OS. He's probably typing one handed just thinking about Vista...
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                    X