• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

50 days on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 days on

It has been 50 days now since little madeline went AWOL. Still no sign of her...however there apparently has been a sighting in Malta.

Must say that if it was my daughter i would have started to think the worst about 45 days ago.

I do hope she is found soon
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

This is weird. There's been something like 6 sightings of this girl in Malta by UK tourists.
    One said he saw a couple with a girl, who appeared to be wearing a black wig.
    Surely one of these people would've at least approached and politely asked if she was Madeleine?

Comment

About a week or so back, Dutch newspaper gets anon. letter re possible burial sight - Portugese police go in on the search - nothing on Sky, News 24 or the papers on the progress or outcome of that one.

It's all seem to have gone quite and now Malta is in the picture. How long before that drops off the frontside?

Given the publicity at the start, the media doesn't seem to even follow up reports of leads and keep us informed, them even if the matter is not now headline stuff.

Is it just me just being cynical or do others sense something odd about the current coverage of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        About a week or so back, Dutch newspaper gets anon. letter re possible burial sight - Portugese police go in on the search - nothing on Sky, News 24 or the papers on the progress or outcome of that one.

It's all seem to have gone quite and now Malta is in the picture. How long before that drops off the frontside?

Given the publicity at the start, the media doesn't seem to even follow up reports of leads and keep us informed, them even if the matter is not now headline stuff.

Is it just me just being cynical or do others sense something odd about the current coverage of this story?
        I don't there is anything odd about the coverage, I think that basically tyhe majority of people have drawn a line and said enough unless there is an outcome one way or another.

Maybe the parents have asked for a scale down of press coverage ? I can't see why though.... Or maybe the reporters are out reporting about all the other news happening..

One way or another this will simmer in the background

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
          Surely one of these people would've at least approached and politely asked if she was Madeleine?

My thoughts entirely.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If it is some Arab 'ring' that took her then Malta would be good place to go as a gateway to north Africa and the middle east, a lot of stolen luxury cars are smuggled out of Europe through Malta for this reason.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Woah, this is a bit heavy. Portuguese police said to have found traces of blood in the McCann's apartment and now believe that Madeleine was killed there, possibly by accident, and her body dumped. And they suspect friends of the McCanns who were staying nearby.

Also, there was another of those supposed sightings in a restaurant in Belgium, and yet again the person that saw her didn't actually say anything at the time???? I mean, would the police really object if you slipped out to the loo and called them on your mobile and said that Maleleine might be right there in the restaurant. Instead, you wait till she's gone and report it a bit later? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
                Woah, this is a bit heavy. Portuguese police said to have found traces of blood in the McCann's apartment and now believe that Madeleine was killed there, possibly by accident, and her body dumped. And they suspect friends of the McCanns who were staying nearby.

Also, there was another of those supposed sightings in a restaurant in Belgium, and yet again the person that saw her didn't actually say anything at the time???? I mean, would the police really object if you slipped out to the loo and called them on your mobile and said that Maleleine might be right there in the restaurant. Instead, you wait till she's gone and report it a bit later? WTF?

Have you seen the last sentence in that report?

Another suspect, Urs Hans Von Aesch, 67, shot himself in a forest last week in Switzerland.

What does that say?
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

How many months to search the bloody room properly and find a trace of blood?

I doubt she was killed in the room without waking up her siblings and leaving large amoutns of blood that could not be cleaned up. Bear in mind it is a hotel room, it could be anybody's blood.

Some random person who has hired the room at some point in the past 2 years could have had a nose bleed, slipped and cut themselves on something, shaving? any number of possibilities.

I would have thought that you would be able to find various amounts of blood in many hotel rooms due to people having accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                    How many months to search the bloody room properly and find a trace of blood?
                    Exactly - wouldn't they have searched and found it a bit earlier than now??
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X