• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Say 'No' to interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say 'No' to interviews

My client wanted me to attend a 2nd interview for two contractors has he couldn't make his mind up between the candidates. I said I have never interviewed anyone and would never want to interview someone.

I got a dirty look. Instead of backing down I then stated 'I also don't do appraisals'. I think he got the message. Could of gone on the defensive but I decided attack was better.

Every now and then you have to remind the client you are a contractor.

Good one...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
      Good one...
      thanks. I gave myself a pat on the back.

Comment

"...or go on holidays"...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good one...
          Totally agree with you both. I've never had a contract that states that I have to get involved in recruitment so I don't get involved. FFS, they'll have you shoving a broom up your ar$se so you can do the floors as well.

Seems the guy is starting to look at you with 'permie' eyes.

Comment

"...or go on holidays"...
            Yes, that one annoys me.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              ... have you shoving a broom up your ar$se so you can do the floors as well.

I'm glad you've found a point to your miserable little existence.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I actually don't mind doing interviews for clients..

you are a consultant after all and they are consulting you on someone's skills.

The reason I like doing interviews is
                A) - Provides me with feedback what kinds of skills are worth how much out there
                B) - What is the competition out there
                C) - Provides me an opportunity to compare myself with the interviewers sitting across the desk from me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
                  My client wanted me to attend a 2nd interview for two contractors has he couldn't make his mind up between the candidates. I said I have never interviewed anyone and would never want to interview someone.

I got a dirty look. Instead of backing down I then stated 'I also don't do appraisals'. I think he got the message. Could of gone on the defensive but I decided attack was better.

Every now and then you have to remind the client you are a contractor.
                  i think he probably remembers that every time he signs off your invoice.....
                  They seek him here, they seek him there. He must be playing hide & seek.

Comment

Originally posted by anally retentive
                    i think he probably remembers that every time he signs off your invoice.....
                    As long as they sign it I don't give a feck. You should of said he will remember that when you ask for a pay rise/extension.

Comment

Working...
                    X