• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TOAD for Oracle Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOAD for Oracle Question

Hello Toad experts. I've just started a new job where I'm learning Oracle, and I'm trying to get to grips with Toad, which I've used a bit before.

However, I have a problem which I can't find a resolution for, and I thought I'd ask for help here.

When I run some SQL (e.g. SELECT * FROM dual), the results aren't available to view. I can see them scroll up the page really quickly, but after that they disappear, and I can't get them back. Unfortunately, I can't read that quickly (unlike Mr Spock in Star Trek), so I can't see the query results.

No-one else here knows how to fix it. Anyone out there know?

there is a setting, forget which, in the options to execute or run immediately, something like that

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
      there is a setting, forget which, in the options to execute or run immediately, something like that
      Thanks for the prompt reply, but I can't find it. There is something called "Immediate edit" under Data Grids / Visual, but changing that doesn't seem to resolve the problem.

Comment

Lawks. That ain't right!

Are you maybe hitting the "run as script" (lightning) button, instead of the "run" button (green arrow? only 4 weeks away and rusty already!)? SELECT results should sit in a nice little grid for you.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
          Are you maybe hitting the "run as script" (lightning) button, instead of the "run" button (green arrow? only 4 weeks away and rusty already!)? SELECT results should sit in a nice little grid for you.
          No, definitely using the green arrow.

If I could click on the "pin" on the data grid I could force it to be always visible apparently, but the "pin" icon disappears too quickly to be able to select it. Is there a menu option which will do the same thing?

Comment

Never seen that happen here. What version of TOAD are you using ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Never seen that happen here. What version of TOAD are you using ?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
                Hello Toad experts. I've just started a new job where I'm learning Oracle, and I'm trying to get to grips with Toad, which I've used a bit before.

However, I have a problem which I can't find a resolution for, and I thought I'd ask for help here.

When I run some SQL (e.g. SELECT * FROM dual), the results aren't available to view. I can see them scroll up the page really quickly, but after that they disappear, and I can't get them back. Unfortunately, I can't read that quickly (unlike Mr Spock in Star Trek), so I can't see the query results.

No-one else here knows how to fix it. Anyone out there know?
                Toad is a uselsss pile of cr*p.

Can you not just use SQL*Plus?

I dont have Toad installed on my machine so I'm no help on the settings I'm afraid.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
                  Same version here but i've never seen the behaviour you describe, even had a go at fiddling some setting to try and make it happen and no joy :/

Comment

Try using SQL Developer (previously known as Project Raptor)
                    It is free and it is made by Oracle. It does not even need to be installed.
                    I simply unzipped it onto my hard drive and then ran the .exe file.
                    I know someone who runs it straight off a USB key.

Comment

Working...
                    X