• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

great news for older houses... ;O)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great news for older houses... ;O)

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20070622195309

All these new builds not worth the blasa wood they were built with, this can only mean those of us who have houses that were built to last can expect further increases...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Yeah, our house is only 10 years old and the mortor is loose. The raditors too small. the insulation done poorly - I suspect that the outside walls are not insulated at all.

Given that a buyer can get a new build for less with a "warranty" - why would anyone buy my place. I think I may have to put it up for rent.

Older houses have higher ceilings, bigger windows and just look better built. I wouldn't mind one with a celler any day. That way my wife will have a place to put her shoes.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
      . I wouldn't mind one with a celler any day. That way my wife will have a place to put her shoes.
      It won't be big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip
        It won't be big enough.
        What is it with woman and shoes? I tried asking one once and nearly lost me hearing
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip
          It won't be big enough.
          True. we have looked at buying the neighbours house and joining to ours to use it is a massive closet for my wife.

I survive with a plastic box under the bed and a single drawer in the night table.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Inkspe
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
              I survive with a plastic box under the bed and a single drawer in the night table.
              If your situation is anything like mine, you probably have to fight hard to keep that space for yourself!

Comment

Working...
              X