• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment Process

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment Process

Like a div, when I first started contracting I worked through an accountancy firm that provided a 'partnership' solution, which meant I was basically self-emlpoyed. I realised the accountancy firm were a bunch of blood sucking vermin and decided to go down the LTD company approach.

Everything is all well and good from the LTD company aspect but for the last 3 months of last financial year I still owe tax on my earnings. At what point do I pay these taxes, can I expect a self assessment form through the post or should I be asking for one to be sent to me?

I'll get my old accountant to fill out any such form, if they can manage it, cos they seemed pretty useless at everything else (except for robbing me blind).

Working...
X