• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pakistani's put £80,000 bounty on Rushdie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani's put £80,000 bounty on Rushdie

Pakistani traders have put £80,000 bounty on Rushdie's head.
    Demanded that Pakistani people stop buying british goods.

Don't we have a long standing diplomatic and trade agreement with this country?

Now they are not only condoning Murder and Violence in this country, they are actively promoting it!
    They demand the life of Rushdie, They demand that we appologise to the muslim world for giving him a Knighthood, They demand that we retract the Knighthood.
    Now Iran has jumped on the bandwagon.

Well, I for one am Bl00dy sick of the petty vindictive self centred lot of them.
    I do not Tar all Muslims with the same brush, but I do believe that the ones with enough intelligence to see religious fanaticism for what it is (Mindless)
    Should use what influence they have, to curb the more radical ellements in their society.
    As for us! I think we should demand an appology for all the attrocities and abuse that the west has endured over the last 10 years from these mindless fanatical Idiots.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver
    I do not Tar all Muslims with the same brush
    I do. I have my big pot o' religous tar and only one brush. Religions should be outlawed. Except Jedis becuase they are cool. Possibly ninjas too.

Comment

Neither of these are religions you div.

They are cool though

Comment

£80,000 - boy that must have been quite a few traders!! have you taken a look at the exchange rate to the pak. rupee...yowzaa!

I'm not sure what the fuss is? Ignore them, Pakistan is a nothing country, with no economic future. It would rather build bombs, train taliban and allow the military to live a posh posh life than take care of its own people. Its nothing, and if it was wiped off the map, no one would miss it.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
          £80,000 - boy that must have been quite a few traders!! have you taken a look at the exchange rate to the pak. rupee...yowzaa!

I'm not sure what the fuss is? Ignore them, Pakistan is a nothing country, with no economic future. It would rather build bombs, train taliban and allow the military to live a posh posh life than take care of its own people. Its nothing, and if it was wiped off the map, no one would miss it.
          I could think of a really suitable response to that but they'd probably blow up the server

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000

Aye. At least india is investing and stealing our jobs. The people from pakistan cant even be arsed to do that.

Comment

Mind you, £80,000 is a lot of money!

Reckon it would buy me one of these?

Cray XT4 and XT3 Supercomputers

The Cray XT4 supercomputer, the latest generation massively parallel processor (MPP) system from Cray, builds on the success of the Cray XT3 system to bring new levels of scalability and sustained performance to high performance computing. Designed to support the most challenging HPC workloads, the Cray XT4 supercomputer delivers scalable power for the toughest computing challenges. Every aspect of Cray XT4 and Cray XT3 systems is engineered to deliver superior performance for massively parallel applications, including: (running windows Vista?)

Comment

"Demanded that Pakistani people stop buying british goods."

Like that is goling to hurt - we don't make anything.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  Aye. At least india is investing and stealing our jobs. The people from pakistan cant even be arsed to do that.
                  Oy, don't knock Pakistanis, they do plenty. They run our corner shops, drive most of our minicabs, and kill their daughters.

All right, the last one's a bit negative, but nobody's perfect.

Comment

Hang on a minute, arn't bounties mad in Britain by Mars confectionery ?
                    Bloody hypocrites, one minute they are shouting 'Dont buy British' next minute they are splashing out on an £80,000 chocolate/coconut bar to put on Rushdies head.

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 23 June 2007, 15:23. Reason: too many beeros
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X