PDA

View Full Version : To pay, Agency is requesting the certificate of incorporation

2uk
23rd June 2007, 14:39
Agency says they need a proof of my Ltd existence and want me to send them the company registration document. I don’t know if this is a standard practice with other agencies aswell.

xoggoth
23rd June 2007, 14:51
Dunno about standard but think I was asked for that once.

malvolio
23rd June 2007, 15:20
Every time. A copy will do, they'll just cross check it with Companies House.

This is public information relating to a public limited company, as is your VAT certification; there's no need to be paranoid about every little thing

Gonzo
23rd June 2007, 15:53
Every time. A copy will do, they'll just cross check it with Companies House.

This is public information relating to a public limited company, as is your VAT certification; there's no need to be paranoid about every little thing
Public Limited Company? I don't think many of us are big enough to be plcs. Private Limited Company more like.

I agree though. What I don't understand is if your company can be found on the free Companies House webcheck, shouldn't that be evidence enough?

Maybe, there are some places that have not yet heard of this new fangled interweb thingy that people are talking about?

ASB
23rd June 2007, 18:11
I agree though. What I don't understand is if your company can be found on the free Companies House webcheck, shouldn't that be evidence enough?

The reason for requesting it from the individual is to establish that they in fact dealing with the company not somebody impersonating it.