• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get thee behind me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get thee behind me

Felt a bit rough yesterday after a few beerios on Saturday and I had this thought

Is my worst humdinger of a hangover in the future, or have I already suffered it. Do I have any more real whoppers to look forward to (with dread)

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

The older you get, the worse they get and the less it takes to induce them.

So based on that premise no, you've not had your worst hangover yet, not by a long way.

Theres my happy thought for a Monday morning.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
      Felt a bit rough yesterday after a few beerios on Saturday and I had this thought

Is my worst humdinger of a hangover in the future, or have I already suffered it. Do I have any more real whoppers to look forward to (with dread)

Try 3 bottles of Jack Daniels on an empty stomach and come back and let us know.

Comment

...so cast aside the evil hop with all haste

Comment

The usual advice to avoid hangovers is to not stop drinking.

HTH
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            The older you get, the worse they get and the less it takes to induce them.

So based on that premise no, you've not had your worst hangover yet, not by a long way.

Theres my happy thought for a Monday morning.
            How can you just make the automatic assumption that I am getting older ? You dont even know me

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
              The usual advice to avoid hangovers is to not stop drinking.

HTH
              Followed that strategy diligently for quite some time. The lasting lesson was that no matter how bad things seem, they can always get much, much worse

Hangovers pah! Just wait till the heeby-jeebies come to get you

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                How can you just make the automatic assumption that I am getting older ? You dont even know me

Hey, at least I assumed your hangovers were going to get *much* worse, impliying that you are going to get *alot* older and hence must be relatively young now.

Hows that for positive spin
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My hangovers actually start whilst I'm still drinking these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    Hey, at least I assumed your hangovers were going to get *much* worse, impliying that you are going to get *alot* older and hence must be relatively young now.

Hows that for positive spin

I am being chatted up by a bloke

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X