• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kimbo Slice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimbo Slice

Any boxing fans heard of him? He had his first organised MMC fight against ex world champ Ray Mercer on sat. Won in the first round. Legend!

Originally posted by XTC
    Any boxing fans heard of him? He had his first organised MMC fight against ex world champ Ray Mercer on sat. Won in the first round. Legend!
    Yer on the wrong site mate, try this

http://www.boxing-monthly.co.uk/form.htm

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Kimbo is a bare knuckle fighter from the US. Bit of a legend. Seen some of his fights on the internet and he is a scarey dude. I would expect Mercer to beat him though if he is any kind of shape as Kimbo does tend to run out of steam if a fight drags on.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
        Kimbo is a bare knuckle fighter from the US. Bit of a legend. Seen some of his fights on the internet and he is a scarey dude. I would expect Mercer to beat him though if he is any kind of shape as Kimbo does tend to run out of steam if a fight drags on.
        Agreed. Seems like the brawler beat the boxer though. My bet is that when kimbo meets an experienced fighter who is on form then he will lose.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
          Agreed. Seems like the brawler beat the boxer though. My bet is that when kimbo meets an experienced fighter who is on form then he will lose.
          If it were traditional boxing then yes as this brings skill and fitness into the equation. He (or his advisors) are smart enough to realise that his not going to last 12 rounds in a slugfest. But he is a big lump, can take a punch and is immensley strong. And with his newfound wrestling skills, makes him a tough opponent in the MMc ring.

Comment

Kimbo won in the first round, Mercer was never really in it. Kimbo got him in a headlock and as the commentator put it "blocked his airways" which is wrestling terminology for strangling someone!

Comment

If you think Kimbo is scary, you should see his sister Thysa

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I did see a vid on the internet where kimbo was beaten, I think by a police officer. Great brawl that seemed to go on for ever. I'll try to post a link to it later.

Comment

I did see a vid on the internet where kimbo was beaten, I think by a police officer. Great brawl that seemed to go on for ever. I'll try to post a link to it later.
                  Yeah it went on for about ten mins and I think the other guy won with his better fitness.

Comment

I guarantee it won't be long until we see Tyson in mma. Tyson vs Kimbo would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X