• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scandinavian Tour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scandinavian Tour

OK, so I am off with the missus on a whistlestop tour of Scandinavian capitals soon.

Do the esteemed members of this board have any recommendations for things to do in Copenhagen, Helsinki or Stockholm?

Originally posted by Gonzo
    OK, so I am off with the missus on a whistlestop tour of Scandinavian capitals soon.

Do the esteemed members of this board have any recommendations for things to do in Copenhagen, Helsinki or Stockholm?
    Get pissed in all of them, especially Copenhagen as it is cheaper.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I suspect most recommendations would start with "leave the wife at home when touring Scandinavia"
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo

From Helsinki you can get the Ferry over to Estonia (if the sea isn't frozen) and go for a day out in tallinn
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Copenhagen:
          - A long afternoon drink or five by Nyhavn
          - A stroll along Stroget/Amertorv (one of the world's longest shopping streets, nice designer shops, be careful with the plastic)
          - Tivoli Gardens
          - Tycho Brahe planetarium (brilliant)
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Do a search on here for some cracking restaurants in Copenhagen.

Comment

Working...
            X