• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That kidnapped reporter Alan Johnson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That kidnapped reporter Alan Johnson

It all seems a bit fishy.

I've just watched his latest video, the one with the bombs strapped neatly around his waist. He didn't look or sound like a hostage, more like an over-acting David Attenborough.

That's because he's used to talking to camera, but still understandably worried. He's not your bogstandard hostage who just turns into a gibbering wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      It all seems a bit fishy.

I've just watched his latest video, the one with the bombs strapped neatly around his waist. He didn't look or sound like a hostage, more like an over-acting David Attenborough.
      I remember listening to a report he did on the kidnappings in Gaza about a couple of years ago.

He made the point that being kidnapped in Gaza is nothing like being kidnapped in Iraq. The palestinians extend the same hospitality to their kidnap victims as they would to any guest.

He said the biggest risk to a kidnap victim's health in Gaza was being overfed to death.

Of course, they are normally released a lot sooner than this so we are going to have to hope he was right.

Comment

If the guy didn't work for the BBC, do you think the BBC would still be covering this to the same degree?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

it is obvious is'nt it? he has paid Madeleine McAnn's parents a large dowry and has run off with her as part of an arranged marriage. the Mcann's and Hamas are in cahoots in order to create diversionary tactics until everything dies down and the happy couple can live in peace and happiness for the rest of their lives
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            it is obvious is'nt it? he has paid Madeleine McAnn's parents a large dowry and has run off with her as part of an arranged marriage. the Mcann's and Hamas are in cahoots in order to create diversionary tactics until everything dies down and the happy couple can live in peace and happiness for the rest of their lives
            Don't, even in jest. Some of the cretinous retards here will take you seriously
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Don't, even in jest. Some of the cretinous retards here will take you seriously
              I believe the current term is "webtard"

Comment

Damn DA, I was just going to say something like that (although I would have stuck Murray's wrist injury in there somewhere). I would love to be taken seriously on this board.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

[QUOTE=Gonzo]
                  He made the point that being kidnapped in Gaza is nothing like being kidnapped in Iraq. The palestinians extend the same hospitality to their kidnap victims as they would to any guest.

He said the biggest risk to a kidnap victim's health in Gaza was being overfed to death.
                  QUOTE]

Jeez, how wrong can someone be.... Unless of course his spell checker picked up the phrase "strapped to a load of explosives and blown to bits" and changed it to "overfed to death"
                  Last edited by pickle; 26 June 2007, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                    Jeez, how wrong can someone be.... Unless of course his spell checker picked up the phrase "strapped to a load of explosives and blown to bits" and changed it to "overfed to death"
                    Perhaps he typed in "bangers and mash".

Comment

Working...
                    X