• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bit wet in Sheffield

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit wet in Sheffield

Crikey! People drowning, cars floating off down the road, railways closed, loads of people stranded...

Anyone on here been affected by the floods?

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Crikey! People drowning, cars floating off down the road, railways closed, loads of people stranded...

Dublin, there is only two kinds of weather here, it's raining or it looks like it will rain very soon.
    Lucky the system is used to large amounts of water.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Lets see. five rivers, hills surrounding the city. lots of rain..hmmm..
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

I live a few miles south of Sheffield. Had to abandon my car a couple of miles from my house, and try to cross a flooded river between me and my house. I decided I wouldn't 'wade for it' as some gleeful kids were doing. Then someone told me about a possible 'shortcut' over the railway bank. I had to sneak through an old people's home, climb over corrugated iron and junk in a woodland (shirt still clean, trousers damp, shoes muddy), then slip through a hole in some barbed wire to ascend the railway bank. Fortunately trains were cancelled. Picked my way over four railway lines, looking frantically for a gap in the barbed wire opposite. Eventually climbed onto someone's back fence (dodging the intruder spikes, shirt still clean, trousers damp, shoes very muddy), balanced on fence and jumped for it. Landed on mud bank, fell on arse and rolled down bank (shirt covered in mud, trousers written off, shoes covered in slime). Managed to stagger home...to the amusement of the crowds who had gathered with cameras, photographing the flood.
        The waters finished about 50 yards from my front door. Shirt and trousers straight in washing machine. Luvverly cup of tea. Listened to horror stories of fellow commuters getting home hours later.

Amazingly idiots were *driving* to see the floods (families,cameras etc.). These were then getting stuck and blocking the emergency services. My sister said she saw a copper whose face just said 'Jesus wept...'

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
          I live a few miles south of Sheffield. Had to abandon my car a couple of miles from my house, and try to cross a flooded river between me and my house. I decided I wouldn't 'wade for it' as some gleeful kids were doing. Then someone told me about a possible 'shortcut' over the railway bank. I had to sneak through an old people's home, climb over corrugated iron and junk in a woodland (shirt still clean, trousers damp, shoes muddy), then slip through a hole in some barbed wire to ascend the railway bank. Fortunately trains were cancelled. Picked my way over four railway lines, looking frantically for a gap in the barbed wire opposite. Eventually climbed onto someone's back fence (dodging the intruder spikes, shirt still clean, trousers damp, shoes very muddy), balanced on fence and jumped for it. Landed on mud bank, fell on arse and rolled down bank (shirt covered in mud, trousers written off, shoes covered in slime). Managed to stagger home...to the amusement of the crowds who had gathered with cameras, photographing the flood.
          The waters finished about 50 yards from my front door. Shirt and trousers straight in washing machine. Luvverly cup of tea. Listened to horror stories of fellow commuters getting home hours later.

Amazingly idiots were *driving* to see the floods (families,cameras etc.). These were then getting stuck and blocking the emergency services. My sister said she saw a copper whose face just said 'Jesus wept...'

Excellent!!!

(and also, stupid idiot - you should have stayed put! Safety first people!!!)
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Move to the SE. Still got hosepipe bans here.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
              Move to the SE. Still got hosepipe bans here.
              Although sadly you'll all be submerged within 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
                Although sadly you'll all be submerged within 20 years.
                Then you will be able to say you are in the SE.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Get yourself a 4x4.... it's not going to get any better
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    Get yourself a 4x4.... it's not going to get any better
                    Or a boat.

Comment

Working...
                    X