• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC's directors to waive bonuses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC's directors to waive bonuses

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6240208.stm
    BBC executives have waived their annual bonuses for 2006/2007 after failing to meet their full diversity targets.

So will we be seeing less gays and liberal PC-niks and more people with a balanced view of the world.

Like **** will we!

They got previous bonuses despite losing market share, but diversity targets seem to be more important.

Comment

Which feckwit sets the diversity targets then?

Stonewall?
      Wimmin ?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The BBC had pledged to employ 12.5% of black and minority staff by 31 December 2007.
        If I was a white cleaner at the BBC I would be worried. Infact if I was white I wouldnt apply to the BBC as you'd have **** all chance of getting the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          If I was a white cleaner at the BBC I would be worried. Infact if I was white I wouldnt apply to the BBC as you'd have **** all chance of getting the job.
          Is that % figure representative of the UK population as a whole, or a particular part of London?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Why should the corporation have to pledge to bring its level of minority/ethic staff up to a level (presumably) in line with the population ratio? Is this:

a) An well-disguised admission of racist recruitment policy in the past?
            b) An indication that minorities are not applying for jobs at the BBC?
            c) Something else?

If the answer is b), I don't think this is an issue that needs to be addressed directly by the BBC, but by the wider general population. If the BBC starts indicating a preference for ethnic minorities during recruitment, this is no better in terms of racial discrimination than preferring whites during recruitment.

Not to mention the pressure on the recruitment managers to find appropriately skilled minority workers for the vacancies that do come up - for feck's sake it's often enough of a struggle to find appropriately skilled people amongst the general population without reducing the chance by a factor of 8.

They really should tread carefully - they could do more harm than good.

Comment

They should give the jobs to ethnics...they cant even find the interview room and end up on stage.

Comment

Working...
              X