• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were born abroad, don't pay any UK tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were born abroad, don't pay any UK tax

An old article, but highlights the way in which wealthy Arabs, Russians, Indians, yanks etc can live here in the UK, use all the UK resources and pay zero tax in the UK apart from on the small amount of income they need to live here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...682158,00.html

If you were "lucky" enough to be born here, tough, you have to pay on ALL your money, even if it is earned offshore and is never spent here.

HTH
    Last edited by King Cnvt; 26 June 2007, 09:49.

A real world example of this great rule:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...682157,00.html

I am buying a cheap house abroad and then filling in the non-domicile forms. I am going to say my father was gypsy from eastern europe.

Should allow me to stash the cash abroad and pay no tax on it. No inheritance tax, no CGT and no income tax. Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt

I am buying a cheap house abroad and then filling in the non-domicile forms. I am going to say my father was gypsy from eastern europe.

Should allow me to stash the cash abroad and pay no tax on it. No inheritance tax, no CGT and no income tax. Nice one.
      You're stealing my plan!
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

there is no free lunch. You have to pay the taxes in the country you buy.
        hth

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          there is no free lunch. You have to pay the taxes in the country you buy.
          hth
          Not if they don't have any taxes, Dubai here I come!
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
            Not if they don't have any taxes, Dubai here I come!
            Don't forget your ninja outfit.

Comment

Fascinating article.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
                Don't forget your ninja outfit.
                Can you lend me yours?
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
                  Can you lend me yours?
                  Sadly I don't have one as I'm not one of the self-proclaimed "CUK women". You'll have to look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
                    Fascinating article.
                    Indeed. The setting up of a charity and gifting all your companies profits to the charity, where you and your family are the trustees is a master stroke.

As is setting up a loss making farm (where you live) and running it as a company and claiming all the VAT back on your living expenses.

The guy is a billionaire genius. (or his tax advisers are).

It also helps to donate a large pot to New Labour. Doing so stops all tax investigations dead. Allegedly.

Comment

Working...
                    X