• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD Company Name Change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTD Company Name Change

Has anyone experience of doing this?
    How involved is it and who do you need to notify (tax people, clients, contracts etc?)

Originally posted by Mr_Z
    Has anyone experience of doing this?
    How involved is it and who do you need to notify (tax people, clients, contracts etc?)
    AFAIK there is a form that needs to be sent to companies house.

After that it is just a case of letting everyone concerned know, which will include HMRC and the agents. Unless you are direct the client will not care. I don't think any of my clients ever knew what myCo's name is.

Comment

It's easier to do it at year end, I think - a friend of mine has changed his company name a few times, and said that he found it easier to do at the end of the trading year rather than mid-year.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Here is what you have to do at companies house:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/inf...pNameRes.shtml

Comment

Working...
        X