• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Chancellor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Chancellor

Bets are on that Alistair Darling will move from Dept Transport to Chancellor when El Gordo names his cabinet.

Somehow it won't seem the same

Before: "Brown, you're screwing me for everything I have"

After: "Darling, you're screwing me for everything I have"

BTW WTF is Quentin Davis???

Originally posted by Kyajae
    He's the new Labour member for Grantham.

Is Darling better than Balls?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Didn't he do the illustrations in the BFG and all those big cartoony Roald Dahl books?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
        Is Darling better than Balls?
        And does Darling have Balls?

Comment

And does Darling have Balls?
          dont know, but he has ****ed up every department he has had charge of. How he still holds a ministerial position is beyond me.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            dont know, but he has ****ed up every department he has had charge of. How he still holds a ministerial position is beyond me.
            He's generally regarded as a "safe pair of hands", so ends up taking over departments where there has been trouble. For example, taking over Transport from Byers.

Makes me wonder what's coming from the Treasury, if they feel that they need to put him in there now...
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

"safe" as in tame. He's had the treasury for so long and built it up so much that it's basically his, and he wants to keep running it from number 10.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                "safe" as in tame. He's had the treasury for so long and built it up so much that it's basically his, and he wants to keep running it from number 10.
                If that were the case, then his mate Balls would be the man for the job (same way that John Major was Thatcher's chancellor). I'm not sure that Darling is tame - he just has a reputation for being put into difficult departments and calming things down, before moving onto the next crisis department.

Maybe Gordon's just planning to sting us with something new this morning, before moving next door and having Darling clear the mess up...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                X