• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Team Dynamics.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Dynamics.

This is the first time ever i have worked in Local Gov.

This is the scenario in this team.

3 employees, 1 contractor, 1 manager.

Manager says there has to be cover for the phones at all times, which means someone has to be in the office at lunch times. We all have to answer each others phones?

Sorry, why did they invent the need for Answer Phones?

Personally, this is a really alien thing for me. I worked in the Private Sector, and never would u be expected to answer another persons phone in the team.

Someone confirm or share opinon on this please.

Standard if you are stuck in a customer facing part of an organisation. I would expect you to all be in a hunt group, but if it's a customer facing line that needs to be answered then somebody needs to do it if Bill is away from his desk.

Comment

Yep, SOP in a customer facing department.

Just suck it up.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder

Manager says there has to be cover for the phones at all times, which means someone has to be in the office at lunch times. We all have to answer each others phones?

Personally, this is a really alien thing for me. I worked in the Private Sector, and never would u be expected to answer another persons phone in the team.

IR35 is coming to get you........

**HECTOR he's here come and get him****
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by el duder

What is the phone number? I'll call you and cheer you up!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
          X